At ezStorage, we are continually looking to improve your customer experience. That’s why it’s so important for us to have expertly trained self-storage consultants available to our customers. Each of our customers has unique storage needs and we provide ample training to ensure that our self-storage professionals are well versed in the ins and outs of self-storage, from best packing methods to security. Many of our customers are new to self-storage and having friendly, knowledgeable self-storage managers on-site is critical.
One of the great features offered at most of our locations is an on-site resident manager. Our resident managers provide tours of the facility as well as show customers the storage unit they will be renting to ensure it will meet their storage needs perfectly. Our managers also work and live at our self-storage facilities, making them a true industry expert. And it all starts with training.
Our self-storage managers complete an initial extensive three-week training program which includes a mix of:
- Classroom style training materials: Select reading materials ensure trainees have the foundation to become experts in their field
- One-on-one role-playing and situational experience with select training managers: These scenarios allow our trainees to practice handling customer issues
Once training is completed, our managers must pass a rigorous final test to prove they’ve become storage experts. Finally, they shadow and work with a veteran manager to gain additional on the job experience as they transition into their new role.
What do our resident mangers do after training and job shadowing are complete? They spend their time providing the best self storage experience in the industry. This includes:
- Providing recommendations for selecting the best storage unit size so that our customers get the size they need at the best price
- Showing customers and potential customers their unit before they rent and touring the various facility features such as coding in and accessing the building in addition to opening your unit
- Preparing the rental agreement and making sure our customers understand the rules and regulations for a safe and secure storage experience
- Thoroughly answering storage related questions, including packing and storage questions
Our resident managers continue to stay up-to-date on trends in the industry through experience, education and continuing training. We encourage our customers to tap into the knowledge that our self-storage professionals can offer as well as answer any self storage questions you may have.